As soon as it starts to get warm out, it’s ingrained in us to start cleaning. It seems like bunny themed candy shows up in the grocery store aisle and we pull out our mop buckets and every last item in our closets. Spring Cleaning is important, but there’s a smarter way to clean than the way your grandma used to. With all respect to Grandma, we’re busier today. There are more things to do and more places to be. You probably don’t have time for a whole week of cleaning. Instead, follow the list below to revolutionize this coming season.
- Outsource: Outsourcing is in! You have the dog walked and washed, you have your trash taken care of, and your gutters cleaned, why not have someone pick up and deliver your laundry and someone else come and clean your carpet? By signing up for these services, you’ll be looking at a cleaner house and a few extra hours as well!
- Be Green: Even if you’re outsourcing, it’s still important to make sure the cleaners and materials you are using are eco-friendly. Not only are the fumes toxic to you and your children, why not help the environment out a little bit?
- Donate: As you go through your home and declutter, you might come across a few items with plenty of residual value left that you simply don’t have a use for anymore. Fill up a bag or box and drop these items off at your local thrift store or community outreach center.
- DIY/Repurpose: Time to put all that Pinterest activity to use. Turn those old tee-shirts into a bathmat. Take an old cork board and make drink coasters. Whatever it is, you’ll take pride in your final product.
- Take Before and After Photos: You don’t have to share these, but it will be so fun to look back on your progress. Plus, there isn’t much that’s better than a clean and organized house.
What’d you think of this list? Did we miss anything? Comment here or on Facebook!